- 1 Can you put plastic figures in a fish tank?
- 2 Do fish mind being in tanks?
- 3 What sea creatures can you keep as pets?
- 4 Can I add water conditioner while the fish are in the tank?
- 5 Can I put rocks from outside in my aquarium?
- 6 Do fish recognize their owner?
- 7 How do you play with pet fish?
- 8 Do fish ever fart?
- 9 What is the most beautiful fish?
- 10 What is the coolest fish to own?
- 11 What is the cutest sea creature?
- 12 How do I know if my fish need more oxygen?
- 13 Why are my fish opening and closing their mouths?
- 14 How can I oxygenate my water without a filter?
Can you put plastic figures in a fish tank?
When plastics are left in water for long periods of time they can release potentially toxic chemicals into the water, so they should be avoided in fish tanks at all costs. Unsealed, painted plastic toys will release toxins into the water which could poison your fish.
Do fish mind being in tanks?
For example, fish that live in groups but are placed in tanks alone can be very stressed, because in the wild being isolated means being in great danger of being eaten. Fish in aquariums without suitable cover may become very stressed, for more or less the same reason.
What sea creatures can you keep as pets?
Most small aquatic invertebrates, such as freshwater shrimp (small shrimp like cleaner shrimp, sexy anemone shrimp, and peppermint shrimp), corals, button polyps (Zoanthids), small hermit crabs, snails, and clams. These are all small but very entertaining, perfect for a five gallon.
Can I add water conditioner while the fish are in the tank?
You can put a water conditioner while the fish are in the tank since water conditioners are generally safe to use. However, it would be best to remove the fish in small and overcrowded tanks for at least 15 minutes. That will allow the conditioner to diffuse equally across the entire aquarium.
Can I put rocks from outside in my aquarium?
Can I Use Outdoor Gravel or Rocks in an Aquarium? Rock composition could possibly change the hardness and pH of the water in a way that harms your fish. Collected outdoor stones may also be covered with contaminants that can affect aquarium water.
Do fish recognize their owner?
Of course, different species of fish will have different abilities, as well as different levels of vision. In most cases though, yes, fish are able to recognize their owners and in some cases form an attachment. The fish will come over to their recognized owner who often offers a food treat or reward.
How do you play with pet fish?
So, if you want to help your fish exercise and escape boredom, here are 7 ways to play with your betta fish:
- Place a ping pong ball in the aquarium.
- Use a mirror to watch your betta flare.
- Introduce floating decorations.
- Draw on the fish tank with dry erase markers.
- Stick Post-its or other pieces of paper on the tank.
Do fish ever fart?
Most fish do use air to inflate and deflate their bladder to maintain buoyancy which is expelled either through their mouth or gills which can be mistaken for a fart. Experts say that the digestive gases of fish are consolidated with their feces and expelled in gelatinous tubes which fish sometimes eat again (eew…
What is the most beautiful fish?
- Picasso Triggerfish.
- French Angelfish.
- Regal Tang.
- Clown Triggerfish. The striking clown triggerfish is instantly recognizable.
- Juvenile Emperor Angelfish. Emperor Angelfish are some of the most beautiful fish in the world.
- Mandarinfish. These spectacular looking fish are the most beautiful in the ocean.
What is the coolest fish to own?
So, here are our 29 favorite coolest freshwater aquarium fish that any hobbyist would love to have in their collection!
- Flowerhorn Cichlid.
- Black Molly.
- Celestial Pearl Danio.
- Checkerboard Discus.
- Pearl Gourami.
- Bloodfin Tetra.
- Swordtail. Image Source: commons.wikimedia.org.
- Archer Fish. Maximum size: 12 inches.
What is the cutest sea creature?
Photos: See the World’s Cutest Sea Creatures
- Walrus. (Image credit: NOAA/Captain Budd Christman)
- Harbor seal. (Image credit: New England Aquarium)
- Octopus. (Image credit: Marc Tule/Scripps)
- Harp seal. (Image credit: NOAA)
- Green turtle.
- Sea otter.
- Beluga whale.
How do I know if my fish need more oxygen?
The most telling sign that your fish need more oxygen is if you see them gasping at the surface — they will also tend to hang out back by the filter output. This area of your tank tends to possess the highest oxygen concentration as it is near the most disturbed surface.
Why are my fish opening and closing their mouths?
Opening and closing their mouths frequently is not common for most fish. This behavior is usually a sign of low oxygen levels in the water. Because fish breathe through their gills, opening and closing their mouths allows more water (and thus more oxygen) to pass over their scales and through their bodies.
How can I oxygenate my water without a filter?
One of the easiest ways to aerate the water in your aquarium without a pump is to use a pitcher or cup. Simply fill a pitcher or cup with the aquarium water, lift it up nice and high, and pour the water back in. The water will pick up oxygen on the way down to the tank, thus inserting oxygen right into the water.