- 1 How many different types of fish are there in the world?
- 2 What types of fish are in the sea?
- 3 What’s the best fish to eat?
- 4 Is Shark a fish or mammal?
- 5 Which Sea has the most fish?
- 6 What is the biggest fish alive today?
- 7 What are the most popular fish?
- 8 What are the four fish you should never eat?
- 9 What’s the worst fish to eat?
- 10 What is the most expensive fish to eat?
- 11 Who is the largest fish in the world?
- 12 What is the difference between a fish and a shark?
- 13 Which is the largest animal in the world?
How many different types of fish are there in the world?
There are over 34,000 recognized species of fish around the world, and they inhabit a wide range of watery habitats.
What types of fish are in the sea?
Many kinds of fish live in the salty water of the oceans. A fish’s kidney keeps the proper balance of salt in its body. Popular saltwater fish are bluefish, cod, flounder, striped bass (also found in freshwater), sea trout, tarpon, tuna, halibut, rockfish, sea perch, lingcod, and yellowtail.
What’s the best fish to eat?
12 Best Types of Fish to Eat
- Alaskan salmon.
- Rainbow trout.
Is Shark a fish or mammal?
Unlike whales, sharks are not mammals but belong to a group of cartilaginous fishes.
Which Sea has the most fish?
More than 70 per cent of the world’s fish catch comes from the Pacific Ocean. The second largest ocean covers about a fifth of the planet and contains 111,866 km of coastline.
What is the biggest fish alive today?
Largest extant fish
|1||Whale shark||Rhincodon typus|
|2||Basking shark||Cetorhinus maximus|
|3||Great white shark||Carcharodon carcharias|
|4||Tiger shark||Galeocerdo cuvier|
What are the most popular fish?
10 Most Popular Fish Make Up 90% of Volume
|Canned Tuna||2.7||Canned Tuna|
What are the four fish you should never eat?
6 Fish to Avoid
- Bluefin Tuna. In December 2009, the World Wildlife Fund put the bluefin tuna on its “10 for 2010” list of threatened species, alongside the giant panda, tigers, and leatherback turtles.
- Chilean Sea Bass (aka Patagonian Toothfish)
- Orange Roughy.
- Salmon (farmed)
What’s the worst fish to eat?
The 10 Worst Fish to Eat Slideshow
- Grouper. All grouper is bad for the environment and even though it doesn’t have the highest mercury levels compared to other fish, it’s still not recommended for young children and older kids.
- Chilean Sea Bass.
What is the most expensive fish to eat?
A bluefin tuna has been sold for three quarters of a million dollars in Tokyo – a price almost double last year’s record sale.
Who is the largest fish in the world?
The biggest fish in the ocean is the Rhincodon typus or whale shark. Despite their tremendous size and intimidating appearance, whale sharks are commonly docile and approachable.
What is the difference between a fish and a shark?
Sharks are fish. A shark’s skeleton is made of cartilage, a type of strong but flexible tissue. Most other fish are covered in smooth, flat scales. A shark is covered in sharp, toothlike scales called denticles.
Which is the largest animal in the world?
The Antarctic blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus ssp. Intermedia) is the biggest animal on the planet, weighing up to 400,000 pounds (approximately 33 elephants) and reaching up to 98 feet in length.